[Public-list] New subscriber

5thseason at canada.com 5thseason at canada.com
Thu Jan 6 08:18:30 PST 2005

Just want to introduce myself to you all.   Until I retired
in June 2003 I worked for our community college as a
technologist in the broadcast television program.  I have
owned my 30 (1969 KC 380) since 1996 and am a member of the
Great lakes Alberg Association. I raced my boat extensively
and because of this have had to do a complete rebuiled from
the bilge up.  This was done in preperation to my solo trip
to Florida in 2003/2004.  The rebuild included addind 2x
6volt 225Ahr batteries extra house and starting batteries.
The Atomic 4 engine was rebuilt and sleeves installed in the
cylinders, I added fresh water cooling, oil filter, EGR
filter, high output alternator with muoti stage charging,
link 10 battery monitoring, VDO instruments and gas tank
removed and cleaned.  Hull has Interprotect 2000 under
Micron CSC bottom paint, hull and deck were painted wit
Interlux 2 part paint and all deck bolts removed resealed
and nylon nuts installed. I also had problems with the
mast/deck beam compression and chain plates, my solution to
the compression was to install a 4x4 oak beam and off set
the door to starboard, this allowed me to install a small
double berth for greater comfort. These are some of the
changes I have made if anyone is interested I will expand.

Hope to hear from you all
John Boor
MAHSEER