[Public-list] Interior Paint

Roger L Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon Jan 10 09:13:26 PST 2005

I wrote earlier about an insulating interior paint that was $250 a gallon.  I did some research on a less costly solution and found these guys http://www.hytechsales.com/heat_transfer.html who make a ceramic additive that works with any paint.  Just add 1 quart of their magic dust per gallon of paint.  A quart costs $13, they recommend two coats minimum.  It can be spray painted (remove the filters); you can add thinner to make up for the thickening caused by adding the ceramic powder.  They also claim, the additive makes the finish harder and easier to clean and helps with acoustic absorption.  They did not say, however, that it clears up dandruff.

If anyone is interested, their site explains the technology. It is a NANA 2003 Spin Off Technology Product.  For $26 more, I think I will give it a try now that I am finally ready to paint the interior of #148; of course, I thought I was ready three months ago.  I sure hope that long term masking tape works.