[Public-list] Interior Paint

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Jan 10 09:20:11 PST 2005

Hi Roger and the rest of you guys...

I used a ceramic insulating paint during my days running a sailing ship
operation that sailed a pair of 50 ton steel hulled brigantines.  We needed
something that would offer some degree of inhibition to the creation of
condensation, which is the killer of steel hulls.

I forget what the stuff cost us but we used it everywhere we could not
properly insulate the hull and deck heads.  I think it made a diff. But even
the manufacturer confessed that the R value of even properly applied
material was small and the best defence against condensation was
ventilation.

Cheers - Gord #426 Surprise