[Public-list] Mast step repair

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Thu Jan 6 08:03:11 PST 2005

I am clear in my mind how to go about the topside procedure for this project but not so sure about fixing the bulging liner below.Two methods seem possible,drill some holes in the GRP below the core and pump in some thickened epoxy,then jack up the liner so that it spreads out ,then carry on with the topside work.Alternatively finish the topside work,remove the jack,drill some holes in the liner from below pump in epoxy and jack the liner up again.In both method the liner is bonded to the deck GRP.Am I looking at this the right way?
Peter Amos Tait Tait #478