[Public-list] New subscriber

andymshaw at juno.com andymshaw at juno.com
Thu Jan 6 12:34:33 PST 2005

I'd like to see pics of that as well as I've been thinking of a similar modification when I tackle my mast step in a year or 2. About how wide were you able to make the berth? And I take it you had to make the hanging locker smaller?

Thanks!
        Andy Shaw
        A30  #477
        St. Mary's River, MD

-- George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org> wrote:
5thseason at canada.com wrote:
> Just want to introduce myself to you all.

Welcome!

> I also had problems with the
> mast/deck beam compression and chain plates, my solution to
> the compression was to install a 4x4 oak beam and off set
> the door to starboard, this allowed me to install a small
> double berth for greater comfort. These are some of the
> changes I have made if anyone is interested I will expand.

I'd be interested in seeing pictures of that.  I'm not sure I'm quite
picturing it.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.