[Public-list] Alberg 30

Theodore M. Liszczak tedliszczak at metrocast.net
Fri Jan 7 08:20:48 PST 2005

Michael Connolly wrote:

>Paul,
>How far are you willing to travel and how much work are you willing to do?  I have seen an Alberg 30 in Ft. Myers, Florida that needs a good home.  It has an Atomic 4 aboard and also comes with a spare engine.  This boat has much external Hurricane damage, but the hull and spars are OK. The rudder also needs major work and is off the boat.  If you might be interested I can give you further information.  It would be a major effort to move the boat from Florida to Maine.  Even if you did the repairs yourself I would estimate that the boat would require about $1,500 invested before she would be sail worthy to make that long a trip.  I believe that the boat could be purchased for about $3,000.  She was built in 1966 and hull # is 177.
>
>This boat is definitely a project boat, but is not past bringing back.  I would honestly consider buying the boat myself if I didn't already have so many projects.  If you get serious about this boat Lorrie and I can offer you a place to stay in Ft. Myers while you look the boat over and dicker with the current owner.
>
>Michael
>
>Paul Lacasse <PLACASSE at SUSCOM-MAINE.NET> wrote:
>I am in the market for an Alberg 30 at less than $10,000. I am in Brunswick,
>Maine and will travel. Must have an engine and be a pre-400 hull number
>(without the liner).
>
>Thanks
>
>Paul Lacasse
>Brunswick, Maine

I am the owner of Freedom A 345 and until 1994 was a member of the
Chesapeake Bay A-30 Society.
I have owned the boat for twenty four years. For most of its early years
she resided in Barnstable on Cape Cod.
After our retirement last year we had it transported to Lake
Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire.

I have more time on my hands now and would like to challenge two projects.

What is the best way to remove paint from the headliner?  I have read
that non mildew latex paint is the best replacement.

What can I put in place of my head? I removed it.