[Public-list] Alberg 30

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 20:03:29 PST 2005

Paul,
You are welcome.  I thought that Florida was a long shot for you but one never knows.  Good luck with your hunt.  Both the Great Lakes and Chesapeake Albergers are super fine groups of sailing folks.
You are correct about gotta have an Alberg 30.  While looking for a boat it took us about a three days of looking at 40 or 50 boats to come to that conclusion.  That conclusion has been comfirmed over and over in my mind since my purchase in 2001.
Michael

Paul Lacasse <PLACASSE at SUSCOM-MAINE.NET> wrote:
Hi Michael;
Thanks for the Email & thank you very much for the offer of putting me up.
However, I think that this is a stretch for me at this time. I found a few
within 500 miles and I'm hoping to get info from the Chesapeake Bay area or
Toronto. It sounds like a nice boat though. I hope someone resurrects her.
They are too fine a boat to let die. I have read tons of stuff on Alberg 30,
Pearsons and Bristols and have decided I gotta have an Alberg 30. The newer
boats are either too tipsy or too pricey or both (usually both). I'm looking
at No 59 that is located in Newburyport, Mass that might do. Again, Thanks
for the info.

Paul