[Public-list] Anchoring advice

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sat Jan 8 18:28:41 PST 2005

Sounds like you've got a severe case of wind against current.
I wonder if you're using the riding sail correctly. You mention that it
would hold you straight into the breeze. That's wrong. You should be
sheeting the riding sail off to one side or the other and forcing the boat's
nose out of the wind. See this link from Sailrite:
http://www.sailrite.com/techtalk/riggingthesail.htm
The last paragraph describes the correct rigging method.
Regards,
Brian  ex#497
P.S. your link to Iverson designs didn't work for me.