[Public-list] Anchoring advice

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Sun Jan 9 07:45:52 PST 2005

John,

I don't know if this help in your situation. Where we have our mooring, the
Ipswich River in some cases we have a tendency to ride up on the mooring
ball. I used a 5 gallon bucket with a series of 3 inches holes drilled into
it to counter the flow rate of water. This seems to hold the boat steady
with little current with wind a stern. I haven't had the problem of her
riding over the anchor rode, she will normally point into the wind.

Stephen