[Public-list] Graymarine Engine transplant

5thseason at canada.com 5thseason at canada.com
Mon Jan 17 08:39:07 PST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:14:05 -0500, "Paul Lacasse"
wrote:
My 40 year old Atomic 4 had similar problems and had it
re-built for CDN$2,000.00 including adding cylinder
liners.  To me this is a much better option than
$10,000.00 for a replacement. Check with machine shops
for a cost of rebuilding since most parts are still
available.
John Boor
MAHSEER 380

> Because it is 40 years old, George, and is weak on a
> couple of cylinders. Am
> I wrong to assume it may go at any time?
>
> Paul

transplant

> Paul Lacasse wrote:
> > Hi Folks;
> > What do you folks think about a 40 yr old 30 HP
> Graymarine engine? I'm
> told
> > it runs (it is in an Alberg 30 that I am proposing
> buy).
>
> Paul, I've got an Atomic 4, so I'll leave the detailed
> questions to
> others.  There is an outfit in NJ with Graymarine
parts
> and complete
> engines.
>
> If this engine runs, why are you looking to replace
it?