[Public-list] Space Above Keel

5thseason at canada.com 5thseason at canada.com
Mon Jan 17 08:46:26 PST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:13:12 -0500, "Roger L Kingsland"
wrote:
Roger
I have replaced the bottom of my bilge locker.  It is
plywood over a sealed glass bottom, (this glass cover
is to keep water out of the cast iron ballast). When I
rebuilt the bilge I made some changes and have
installed my 4x 6v 225Ahr house batteries and starting
battery in there photos available if needed.
John Boor
MAHSEER 280

> Hi Albergers.
>
> There is a drawing of the hull lines on the upper left
> corner of the "Alberg30: Brochures" page
> (http://www.alberg30.org/boat/A30brochure.html) on the
> A30 web site.  It shows a dotted line sloping up going
> forward at the bottom of the hull that, I assume,
> represents the cast iron ballast which, if correct,
> would indicate there is some space between the bottom
> of the lockers under the cabin sole and the top of the
> keel.
>
> Has anyone removed those locker bottoms (on a
non-liner
> boat) and discovered what lies below?  I assume the
> "bulkheads" separating the lockers are glassed into
the