[Public-list] Lombardini Engines?

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 18 13:59:14 PST 2005

For what it is worth, Lombardi does have some distribution of industrial
engines in the US.  In another life, I frequent a local scrap-metal yard to
get material for metal-working projects, & periodically I see dead Lombardi
diesels there (especially air-cooled ones, which is probably not what you
are looking at).  So I suspect that you could find someone in most any major
city that could order you parts.

Thank having been said, motors based on Kubota blocks (Yanmar, Beta) are
much more common.  I think the Thermoking and Komat'su motors are also
Kubota blocks.  Smaller John Deere diesel tractor motors are also Yanmars,
BTW.  If I was going to use a non-marine diesel as a starting point, I would
probably start there.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229