[Public-list] Bottom Job

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 20 11:30:11 PST 2005

Roger;
    I have put VC tar on the bottom of my boat after finding and fixing a number
of small blisters even with annual lift outs. I am not contemplating salt water
for this hull.  I gather that Interprotect 2000 is much more difficult to remove
than VC tar if one uses baking soda. I have also seen one Alberg 37 (also built by
Whitby BW ) that was a very bad mess for osmosis. They took a 'Peeler' to her and
that was well worth it since the blisters were about the size of a quarter and
spaced about that far apart too on the whole of the below waterline surfaces.
    I'm with George on the resin being polyester not epoxy for the keel
encapsulation.
Don