[Public-list] Alberg 30 for sale

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Thu Jan 27 12:42:50 PST 2005

Yes. We are in love. I refer to her as my plastic mistress. I really
love the boat and thing you will do well to become an Alberger. This
will be my fourth season with her. Refit goes on - lots of bucks, but it
is worth it. the process is my hobby and more. The actual truth is that
if you find a boat in reasonable condition, you do not have to a lot of
money to upgrade them. The only money I had to spend was on the engine
when it finally rusted through as a result of being in salt water in the
Chesapeake for 20 years. I was lucky and got a replacement A-4 that was
effectively almost new because the boat it came out of had been lightly
used. I have made a lot of upgrades, but all but the engine were
voluntary projects. I think you can spend a lot of money, but if the
boat is structurally sound with good sails, spending tons is not really
necessary.

I tell people that my estate will sell the boat and that is probably
true unless my wife takes a liking to sailing - right now she says that
she would rather have a toe amputated than go sailing. Sorry I can not
help you become an alberg owner - except to encourage you. How is your
search going?

I am not really as nutty as this e-mail might make me seem.

I have been following your search with a lot of interest but have not
been able to comment because the beginning of the semester has been so
busy. Happy hunting

>>> PLACASSE at SUSCOM-MAINE.NET 1/26/2005 9:07:48 PM >>>
John;
I figure it's too late, but on the off chance I'll ask. Do you still,
by
some miracle, still have your Alberg 30?

Paul Lacasse
Brunswick, Maine