[Public-list] Ice in the Bilge

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Jan 29 17:15:10 PST 2005

That must be one of the transition-style boats that had characteristics
of the new boats (such as the construction of the toe rail, except that
under the genoa track the glass comes up instead of having wood) and
characteristics of the old boats (such as the lack of a liner).  I don't
know much about the details of that, but I gather they may be the best
of the lot.  Apparently the mold for those boats was burned up in a
fire, and when they made new molds, they made them to require less labor.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org