[Public-list] Big Trouble in Little Tokyo

Austin Meyermann somedaysailor2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 15:29:25 PDT 2005

Well folks, I write this while sipping my beer in self pity for I have only myself to blame....

I finally got Inherit the Wind back into the water.

I repaired my rudder using the sleeve method I had mentioned way back when and it came out awesome! Basically a sleeve (slipped over the rudder stock) with two vanes on either side of the rudder with through bolts passing through the rudder.

I also finished a killer paint job.

However, I did not properly winterize my engine last year because I neglected to wait until the engine had gotten to operating temperature. The result is that I have either a cracked head or blown head gasket....to add to the list, I also have a bent rod from running the engine with water in the cylinder ( 1 cylinder Bukh...10hp).

All I can say is CRAP.

That being said, does anyone know of a used diesel for sale? Approximately 20hp would be great. Give me a shout.

I do have to say though, all in all, life is good and my family is healthy! Amen!

Austin
Inherit the Wind #56