[Public-list] Engine alignment question

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:58:53 PDT 2005

Since he was "head first" over the engine, it was a bit difficult to watch
what he did [plus I didn't want to get that close]. But the process is not
that hard. He would move the engine from side-to-side until he was happy
with that plane , then use the adjustments on the flex mounts to move the
rear of the engine up and down and the front mounts to get the angle right.
He repeated the process several times checking each adjustment with a feeler
guage until the he was within the tolerances (.004") as specified by the
manufacturer. He said that it was an easy adjustment, since I have gotten it
very close with my initial adjustmet. There is no vibration at all.

Mike Lehman