[Public-list] Genoa track spacers & bolts

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 27 19:05:20 PDT 2005

All -

Went sailing Saturday, and discovered that the wooden spacer under the port
genoa track had cracked.  I have previously replaced the spacer under the
sail track on the mast using some pre-cut (meaning $$$) teak from West
Marine, but was thinking of using Delrin or similar for this project.  What
have others used?  Also, how did you shape it to curve with the toe rail, by
removing & tracing the track itself, then cutting it out?  That seems
wasteful of some fairly pricey material.  Finally, does anyone know a good
source for the 1/4-20 4" flathead machine screws?  No one local to me has
them, and McMaster-Carr wants $55 + shipping for a box of 10.

Thanks for any/all help.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229