[Public-list] re; Rigging Questions

Jock McClees mccleesj at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 06:27:28 PDT 2005

If you go up on a bosun's chair to fix the jam, be careful. Mine was jammed
and a friend went up to fix it. We took him up on the jib halyard. He got it
unjammed and came down. Immediately after that the block at the top of the
mast for the jib halyard failed. That was the only thing holding him because
the main halyard was jammed. Thank goodness it didn't fail when he was at
the top of the mast. I would recommend finding some means of backup and
check everything as long as you are up there.
Jock McClees