[Public-list] NYC Raft up

Lincoln Finkenberg finkenbergl at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 07:59:24 PDT 2005

In Oyster Bay a mooring for the night IS $45 and there is a launch service that operates from real early to real late. I believe there is a well protected and large anchorage area also - you circle all the way around Center Island to the West. Its a real nice spot. You also have access to the Oyster Bay Marine Center facilities and you are real close to town -- which has a couple nice places to dine - Canteberry Ales serves oyster poppers which are irresistable.  I believe Sand Hole is to your starboard as you exit Oyster Bay.  The area  of the anchorage (I need to check the charts) and the mooring field I don't think would disappoint - they are lovely spots -- probably the loviest on the north shore till you get real far east on LI. Its also real convenient from Mamaroneck Harbor.

Linc, Gypsy - Mamaroneck Harbor.