[Public-list] Summer cruise

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 17:31:13 PDT 2005

This years Summer Cruise has been planned to provide a variety of settings and should accommodate every participants tastes. We will spend several nights in quiet anchorages as well as visiting medium sized towns. It is likely that there will be several nights that are out of the range of television and most of the towns selected for this trip do not provide for "round the clock" entertainment. We will be in one town during its annual summer festival and on Tangier for the Fourth of July.

Hopefully the winds will cooperate. The trip has the potential for some memorable sails and if we have wind the passages can be made without undue stress. Some of the days are long, but none are long enough to prevent our traditional "cocktails on the fantail". All of the selected stops have fuel, ice and water nearby, however it is recommended that gasoline powered boats carry a spare can on deck. Each day we will have a skippers meeting to confirm the next days plan and agree as to the next anchorage. I will also attempt to keep the association informed of any changes in schedule by e-mail to the member list.

We will assemble in the Rhode River near Camp Letts following the Commodores Champaign Party. This anchorage can be a little rough because of the waterski traffic, but it settles down near sunset. On Monday we will move to the Holiday Inn anchorage at Solomons. This anchorage provides easy access to a gourmet grocery store, a West Marine and numerious restaurants. Solomons also has numerous marinas for those that would prefer to tie up.

Remember the summer Maxi Cruise is coming up at the end of June, starting with the Commodore's Champagne Party.  The Racing and Cruising Commodores coordinated their schedules so there wouldn't be any conflicts.  Lets clear the schedules and have a big turnout.  Also to help me with event planning, let me know if you plan to attend.  Contact me directly at a30240 at earthlink.net.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35