[Public-list] SOLE 26 HP Diesel

Jonathan Whittingham whittle at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 19 18:01:58 PDT 2005

Barry wrote:

> Jonathan:
>
> My name is Barry Wiseman and I have a A-30 (Tabasco) at the Westport
> Marina. I've had the boat for 3 months but have yet to meet another
> A-30 owner. I wonder if it would be possible to get together with you.
>
> My phone number is 652-1306.
>
> Barry, sv Tabasco
>

>> Jonathan Whittingham wrote:
>>

>>> Dear Listers,
>>>                ........................................... For those
>>> interested I installed a SOLE 26 HP Diesel into the boat this winter
>>> and
>>> it went very smoothly. I am quite happy to have removed the Bomb! The
>>> SOLE is a Spanish Marine conversion of a Mitsubishi. The dealer is
>>> right
>>> here in Victoria, BC. I looked at a number of options but this one was
>>> the best price for a new engine and the footprint is very close to the
>>> Atomic4. I had to build new engine beds and glass them in. I also
>>> raised
>>> the rear engine mounts 4 inches on steel plates to give me enough
>>> "meat"
>>> to bolt to on the Engine beds. I replaced all the lines, installed a
>>> new
>>> tank, filters, wet hose exhaust, waterlift, engine controls,etc.
>>> While I
>>> was at it I also replaced all the wiring to to everything(!)

Dear Barry,
               Congratulations on your purchase. My phone no: is 381
2792. I live in Fairfield. There are a number of Alberg owners about..
There was a get together up at Maple Bay this weekend. I couldn't make
it but plan to next year. If you want to chat about Albergs give me a
call. Regards Jonathan.