[Public-list] prop and elec questions

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:00:17 PDT 2005

Dan,

I believe you have an Atomic 4, is that right? The A4 is a direct drive. At
wide open it runs about 1400 RPM which produces about 5.5 knts, more-or-less
depending on condition of your bottom, your prop pitch [originally 13x7],
wind and waves. Based on that you can interpolate to get the approximate RPM
for 3 knts. It won't be precise but the numbers are so low that the error
margin won't mean much...you could estimate it to be 750-850 RPM. for
example.

Mike Lehman