[Public-list] Deck Beam Reinforcement Cost

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:39:43 PDT 2005

Hi Paul,

When I did this the mast was still on the boat. I just loosened the shrouds
and cranked away on the house jack, checking the shrouds occasionally a
loosening them some more as I raised the mast. On the floor I just placed
some scrap construction lumber to spread the load and make an even surface
for the jack base to rest on. I replace all of the existing 1/4" bolts with
5/16" bolts that did not have threads all the way to the head. The whole
process [incl paint and finish] took 10 hours and the only extra cost
incurred was the $50 doctors appointment for the deltiod brusitis that I
suffered from the twisting motion on the jack.

I will be in San Diego on July 23-29 at a conference. I will be busy most of
the time, but can free myself to meet you at your boat if you like.

Mike Lehman