[Public-list] Lifesling -- Still need a "throwable"

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Mon Mar 21 07:42:38 PST 2005

Subject:
[Public-list] Lifesling
From:
"Meinhold, Michael J" <MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:39:13 -0500
To:
Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all <public-list at alberg30.org>

Hi Michael,

I have the soft case version. I prefer that because I can easily remove
and install it every time I sail -- I worry about it being stolen. The
hard case is heavier, so you'd be adding some pitching moment, but not a
lot. If the look is OK, and the wieight not too great, the hard case
will be less effort, unless your marina is secure enough that you don't
worry about the soft version being stolen.

Have only used it in practice, so no real rescue experience.

One important consideration -- The lifesling does NOT meet the Coast
Guard requirements for a throwable -- you still have to have one of
those, too. However, it is a very highly regarded rescue device, and
well with having.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY