[Public-list] Starboard bulkhead replacement

Philip Bartlett pbartlett at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 30 19:59:04 PST 2005

Patty,
I have just discovered some rot in the port side bulkhead while doing some
wiring. It is below the chainplate attachment which hasn't pulled out yet
but it needs to be repaired. When you replaced the starboard side bulkhead
on Timbuktu  how was it done? Was it replaced from the center line out to
the hull or was a smaller piece scarfed in? Was the new bulkhead material
glassed in or bolted to the original tabbing?

Has anyone else had to deal with this and how were the repairs made?

Philip Bartlett,
Windward #428