[Public-list] Starboard bulkhead replacement

Mpete53 at aol.com Mpete53 at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 06:33:19 PST 2005

Philip

When I got Jocelyn, both the Port and Starboard bulked s were rotted under
the chain plates for the upper shrouds  I was able to remove the cabinet
behind the head and the shelf in the hanging locker then grind out all rotten
wood. The amazing part was that the teak vi nears on the plywood had not rotted
and I was able to grind to but not through them. With the rot removed I rebuilt
 the area with many layers of fiberglass which I raped from the hull to the
bulkhead. The resulting repair I believe is stronger then the original.
That teak skin that I mentioned is still visible in the forecastle and the
repair is all but invisible form the forward side of the bulkhead.

Mark