[Public-list] Boat Stands

John Irving a30blueteal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 06:45:35 PST 2005

George,

If you live in an area where snow melt, rainwater etc. can pool around
the stands and you keep your boat on grass, be sure at the very least
to put squares of plywood under each leg of the stands to help prevent
them from sinking into the grass.

I live in an area that gets lots of moisture, high winds and frequent
freezing and thawing. I would not feel comfortable keeping my boat on
grass. If concrete were an option, I'd take it without hesitation.

- John
Blue Teal #284