[Public-list] rigging upgrades

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sat Mar 5 16:37:56 PST 2005

Forgive me Scott, but 316 has greater corrosion resistance than 304 - but
not quite as strong as 304 - about 8-10% less.
Norseman's and Stalocs are made of 316.
Dyform 1x19 316 wire makes up for this in the unique way it is formed -
actually about 20% stronger than 304 of the same diameter. However dyform is
very hard on mylar sails.
Sunstone has Dyform wire retrofitted on it with Norsemans.
So far, so good - been on 7 years so far ... touch wood - finger pressing
against temple ; )

Hope this is a help ... or at least amusing.

Cheers,
JB