[Public-list] Propeller needed

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Mon Mar 28 05:20:29 PST 2005

Actually I had a complaint at one point from a prop rep who said that the
Alberg 30 should have around a 15-16 inch prop by weight/design but that
due to the aperature this cannot be. So do not expect the boat in general
to have much oomph in the big chop withou a sail. At least that is the
experience I have had.

To this end by the way, even with the new prop, last year I could not make
it by power from Thomas Point Light to R2 at the mouth of the Severn River
for the Start of the Oxford race. The Waves were not terribly huge but the
wind and waves really combined to make a tough push. In fact I am happy we
did not make the race as those guys had a really wild ride with winds in
the 40s. I suppose If I had wanted to be there that bad I should have
hoised the main earlier than I tried to. By the time I did the start had
already happened. Oh well.

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57