[Public-list] topping lift

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Mar 30 12:14:43 PST 2005

Yes, it sometimes twirls around the backstay, but because both ends are
imobilized (boom end and masthead) it can't tie itself and just twirls off
again if the boom moves and pulls on it.

However, when I still had the old Ontario Hydro cast ceramic insulators on
the backstay, it often got hung up on the upper one.  With a clean backstay
there is no problem.

Gord #426 Surprise