[Public-list] bulkhead

Philip Bartlett pbartlett at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 31 23:12:19 PST 2005

Thanks Patty,
I had another look at the bulkhead this evening and it doesn't appear to be
glassed in at all. Under the deck it fits into a slot molded into the deck.
Along the hull it is bolted to a tab glassed to the hull and liner. It looks
to me like the bulkhead was installed before the deck was lowered onto the
hull. If this is the case how does one go about removing it and replacing it
with a new one?  I suppose it could be done in pieces but it would be nice
to learn from someone else's experience before tackling the project.

Any information or guidance will be much appreciated.

Philip Bartlett,
Windward #428