[Public-list] Greymarine engines

John and Peggy Sauerwald jpsauerwald at comcast.net
Mon May 16 06:47:29 PDT 2005

Have a Greymarine engine (cira 1964) in my Alberg 30 #39.  Having problems right now with a stuck open exhaust valve in # 3 cylinder.  Got suggestion to drain oil & fill with transmission fluid-run for about an hour-  then try to tap valve back down.  Then fill & drain with motor oil X2.  Does this jive with anyone else's experiences or knowledge?

Also am desperately seeking a manual,specs, location of parts & supplies for this engine.  Have called several places and they have laughed  & went on to tell me that I am not alone in my quest but  "Sorry I can't help you"  One women suggested I form an association of greymarine owners who can get together & cry in our beers as one.  As it looks like the head may have to come off,  I'm going to need more than a few beers.

Any help here would be more than appreciated.  I live in Brighton , Mi. & dock the boat in Sarnia, Canada on Lake Huron.