[Public-list] Greymarine engines

Bob Crinion bob at fox.nstn.ca
Mon May 16 07:48:22 PDT 2005

We have had this problem with various old boat engines over the years.

We mixed diesel fuel and motor oil and with an flexible shaped tube inserted
in each spark plug hole, we filled the cylinders with the diesel-oil mixture
as much as possible and let it set for a couple of weeks.

During the wait period we put a wrench on the engine to roll it over several
times.
We drained the oil mix from the engine after a couple of weeks; the mixture
"freed up" the engine.

 If you can get at the valves and lifters by removing a valve cover and
soaking them with an oil mix helps too.

Perhaps we were lucky, but this has worked for a few old boat engines we had
in our family over the years.

-bob
A30 KC560