[Public-list] A30 upgrade stuff

rob-comcast 1ralley at comcast.net
Thu May 26 17:00:35 PDT 2005

Ladies & Gentlemen:

As I have read and deleted most of the email from the last week, (since
we have gone from PHRF ratings to politicians who are slightly to the
right of Atilla the Hun, and don't like government of any sort if
someone can't profit from it ( perhaps I should say that I am a
professional civil servant with 32 years seniority, working for country
at war-politicians are the problem, not the solution), I must now haul
on this line to try to get us back to A30's.

One of my summer projects is to upgrade A30219  so that an old f**t with
a bad back can cruise in it again.  I will upgrade to  a Garhauer gear
lift on the transom (so I don't have to manhandle an outboard up/down on
the stern pulpit).  The Garhauer is the sturdiest if not the best
looking of what's available. Other opinions?

I am looking for a recommendation from this august lot for a suitable
replacement (oh, horrors!) of my original (1967) cockpit winches with
two speed (at least) self tailers.

Any suggestions?

Rob Alley