[Public-list] how do you back this darn thing up?

Gail DeMoss gdemoss at alberg30.org
Wed May 11 08:07:42 PDT 2005

Our experience when we had to back into a slip was to start far enough
from the slip, give it a whole lot of power and get the water & boat
moving.  Go out in open water and practice to see how much power, how
much distance and where to hold the rudder to make the Alberg back
straight down.  Of course this only works well when there is no wind and
no one is watching.  Installing lots of bumpers/fenders on the pier also
works! :-)