[Public-list] how do you back this darn thing up?

James Schueler jschueler at familyempowerment.org
Wed May 11 10:33:48 PDT 2005

Yes, power does help although the quarters are close and even a bit too
much, usually the amount needed to develop control, results in too much
speed for the area. Extreme caution is needed but I agree that power is
necessary for control in reverse, especially when wind is a factor.

In regard to backing in; no, I don't have to but that would mean that
the exit from the boat would be off the bow. I don't think my mate would
be overly fond of that but, on the other hand, she was clearly stressed
and bewildered by the difficulties encountered when attempting to back
in. On the bright side, she did mention that she had faith in my
abilities and gave me credit for finally getting the thing secured.

I think, with time, the process will improve and I'll come up with a
method that will work. It's going to take a little practice but if I can
find days when it's not windy (not something I usually wish for) I'll
spend some time experimenting.

Thanks,

James