[Public-list] Re: Flax Packing

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed May 11 16:04:05 PDT 2005

John,

I use 3/16" and some people use 1/4"  I like the 3/16" because it's easy
to put in, and therefore I can do so neatly.  With 1/4" I found it
difficult to stuff the packing in, which tends to misalign the joints.

see http://www.alberg30.org/maintenance/MechanicalPropulsion/StuffingBox/

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.