[Public-list] Dinghy

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 16:32:20 PST 2005

I hope this isn't too off topic here.  I just picked
up the dinghy that came with Aurora (I hadn't seen it
until today).

It looks like it was a sailing dinghy, but someone
removed the dagger board trunk and glassed over the
hole.  Can anyone identify the model or point me to
any pictures that show the sail rig?  I would really
like to see what the daggerboard and trunk looked
like.

It has a plate that says "Atlantic Composites Inc.  I
was unable to find a web link to that company.

I think I will build a wooden dagger board trunk and
use a sail from a Bolger Nymph (40 sgft leg o mutton)
that I happen to have.  I also happen to have a D4
rudder and daggerboard that should work well with it.

See the dinghy at:
http://home.comcast.net/~Aurora554/dinghy.html

To keep this on topic...
Do you guys typically tow a dinghy when cruising?
Carry it on board?  Any A30 specific suggestions?

Pete Staehling