[Public-list] Dinghy

Rob Alley 1ralley at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 16:51:35 PST 2005

Pete: You have, if I have this right, an ancient and venerable Atlantic
dingy, which someone has made into a sailing dingy, and then perhaps
thought better of the project.  Mine, to which I have added handrails on
the bottom for directional stability when rowing ( as well as a lifting
point) and some flotation under the seats--was never a sailing dingy. I
don't know if any were ever actually manufactured as sailing dingies.
They are mostly towed rather than brought on deck by those I know who
use them in the Chesapeake.  I have no clue how they might sail, but
they row well, and shouldn't do all that badly as a sailing dingy.
Perhaps someone else on this list  has further information?

Rob Alley