[Public-list] boat on ebay

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Tue Nov 1 06:22:02 PST 2005

Spot on Mike Lehman, my thinking exactly - additionally, the Wianno (sp?)
Association does that exactly - preserves and restores old unloved boats and
brings in new members at the same time who buy the fruits of their labour
thus preserving the class association and providing money for the next
restoration project. They charter their boats for a period to let people who
might be interested in an acquisition to do so without making the larger
capital commitment until they are sure that is the class of boat for them.
The people usually end up buying in. It has done wonders for their
association.

Does not a growing and active Association support the market price rather
than detract form it?

Oh, Michael Grosh, with respect, do you not think combining the
words/concept of elitism and Alberg in the same phrase to be a slight
oxymoron. In the world of "yachts," the Alberg is a bit proletarian when
compared to Hinckley's and such - the Bentley's of Boating. Elitism would
not be my respectful association with the name Alberg - this is a practical
boat for practical people - Wm F Buckley need not apply ; )

Only good things,

JB