[Public-list] boat on ebay

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Tue Nov 1 06:35:06 PST 2005

Having been the Past president of the US Tempest Class I know the
successes and failures of no longer having a boat builder.

One example of facilitating new members and renewed boats is the idea of
the class restoring a boat a year. This should bring revenue to the class
and new members as well.

Some classes like the International 210 Class actually have reproduced and
own their own molds. They then allow builders to use the molds to produce
2 -5 boats a year. Royalties are paid to the class and the Molds are
maintained an used. So instead of simply maintaing old hulls they work
with a local builder to produce new hulls. I do not know if this is
applicable intodays world of big ultralight hi freeboard boats with much
head room.

Either way I believe that the class should do somthing towards maintaining
the boat and thus enxtending the viability of the class.

--
C.B. Currier
Ches. Bay Rear-Commodore Racing