[Public-list] Bilge

James Schueler jschueler at familyempowerment.org
Tue Nov 8 09:23:45 PST 2005

John,

It's definitely not plywood; it is fiberglass. Black in color but that
could be due, at least to some extent, to years of oil that sat in the
bilge. When I bought the boat there was some smell to it, I can tell you
that.

What is coming up is a hard fiberglass substance that makes up the
bottom of the bilge. It's coming out in pieces so the bilge is no longer
a smooth surface. There appears to be a soft sand type of something
underneath. I suppose I'll have to fiberglass the bottom of the bilge
but I want to get a good look at it before I do anything. I just thought
that someone else may have had a similar experience.

Thanks,

James