[Public-list] New Owner Questions

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 16:03:09 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/9/2005 10:02:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,  5thseaso
n at canada.com writes:

has  built in U.V
protection.  However I later found out the  epox

I applied 1 coat of West system epoxy
then varnish.

Hi John,

I too have been experimenting with Epoxy as an alternative bright  finish.

Question; why cover the epoxy with varnish, if you use the epoxy that has a
UV barrier in it?

Last year, I used two coats of regular epoxy covered with three coats of
varnish on three of my hatches. It has stood up well on all, but for one area on
one of the cockpit locker covers. I suspect I did not clean the wax off the
epoxy before applying the varnish in that one spot.

Looking forward to your thoughts,
Lee
Stargazer #255