[Public-list] deck repairs

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Nov 16 18:05:28 PST 2005

jim mennucci wrote:
> Wow!  are you sure its hull number 554?  boats in this serial number
> range usually have really solid decks.

No.  In 1973, during the first "oil crisis," Whitby seemed to be
skimping on the resin.  And some of the resin they did use seems very
brittle and cracks around the corners.  At least I've found evidence of
that on Calypso, #543.  The hull, though, is solid as ever.

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash