[Public-list] Chesapeake Bay Cruising Suggestions Wanted

Elaine and Brian Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sat Nov 19 06:40:01 PST 2005

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,
  As a former Alberg 30 Owner (& lover), I would like to ask a favor of you
Chesapeake Bay area cruisers.  My wife and I live and boat in the New York
City Area, and are planning a 2 week cruise to the Chesapeake for next
summer. We plan on sailing (direct) offshore to the Southern entrance, then
cruising our way North through the bay, and departing through the C&D canal,
Delaware River, and back offshore to home. We think we should have 9 or 10
days to traverse the bay. Can any of you  suggest an itinerary that would
give us a taste of the Bay? Any specific ports we should not miss (besides
Annapolis & maybe Baltimore)? What is the best time of the summer for
consistant sailing weather generally? I've purchased the Maptech Embassy
Guide to the Chesapeake Bay (C 1999) and need to purchase a 2006 guide for
up to date info. Any suggestions as to the "best".
  Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Brian   S/V Calico Jack   Landfall 39 Pilot House #66
                                       6' Draft, 55' Air draft