[Public-list] Knotmeters, GPS, Etc.

Michael Grosh dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Tue Nov 22 05:40:33 PST 2005

>cool that a
>paper card and some saltine crackers could do the same
>thing as an expensive piece of electronics

Not to diminish the value of crackers while cruising, but

"BRAND NEW GPS Receiver with USB Interface in original retail package with
User manual CD

for $42.50 Buy it now on EBay.

So, if you've already got a laptop, load it with a cheap mapping program (I
think they start at $50.00), well, you've really got something that won't
float in salt water <g>.

I use the Nobeltec Admiral program at work and it is absolutely addicting.
I'd rather have it than RADAR, but, being a fair weather sailor at heart,
I'll probably not make the leap on the Alberg.

Someone showed me the USB receiver last month , I thought it was amazing
technology.

MichaelGrosh