[Public-list] Replacing the Atomic 4

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sun Nov 27 12:07:44 PST 2005

To the Chap thinking of putting a one lung Yanmar in his A-30. I had a
friend who had the 9hp Yanmar in his CS 27, I hope no one else has one as
what I'm about to say might offend, but the one lung yanmar is the noisiest,
most vibrating engine I have ever heard. Akin to putting a garbage pail over
your head and repeatedly hitting it with a hammer. Please don't do it - you
will be thoroughly disappointed. My friend took ages to sell his CS
specifically because the engine noise scared away potential buyers. Go with
a 3 cyl minimum, Universal makes one that allegedly fits the Atomic 4 foot
print, or go with another brand - 20hp should be your minimum HP - 25 - 30
would give you more reserve power.

Or fix the A4 as there are may parts and spares available.

Just a suggestion.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

John