[Public-list] Re: outboards

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat Oct 1 07:55:50 PDT 2005

    Seems to me the rules are looking for an inboard engine and a
propellor on the propellor shaft on all A-30s. I don't suppose it makes
much difference in boat speed if someone brings an outboard along. He
can take it off the stern and stow it during the race. Probably leaving
it hanging off the stern will slow him down, for all that's worth,  but
the rules seem to want an inboard engine and its propellor, even if it's
inoperative. Doesn't seem difficult to do that.  I do think removing the
original propellor  would give such a boat an advantage, else why do
folks go to the expense of folding props, maxi-props, etc.?

- Gordon White