[Public-list] Cockpit controls for Atomic 4

Theodore M. Liszczak tedliszczak at metrocast.net
Wed Oct 12 12:17:52 PDT 2005

After 38 years my Atomic 4 has lost compression in two cylinders (head
gasket or valves?).  The mechanic at the boat yard said he would check
the head gasket and valves in that order and in the worst case he would
replace my A-4 with a functioning but not rebuilt A-4.  After
disconnecting everything from the A-4 myself the mechanics lifted the
A-4 from my boat. The boat yard will work on this as a winter project in
their heated shop. When I had everything out, motor water lift muffler,
I found that the Morse 64 series shift cable was on its last leg
(attachment to the mechanical shift lever in the starboard cockpit
locker). Does anyone know where I can get the following, the two handled
throttle and shift control on my A-30 #345 (starboard mount) and the
control fitting for the starboard cockpit locker? I know that George
Dinwiddie posted a note in February that one (control fitting for the
starboard cockpit locker) was being offered on E-Bay.

Ted
Freedom # 345